At 8:00 p.m. on August 21, sitting with many other parents at Tay Mo 3 Primary School, Mr. Nguyen Hoang Quan told VietNamNet : “We are ready to stay up all night waiting for an official answer on whether my child from Ly Nam De Primary School will be transferred to Tay Mo 3 School in the next school year or not.
The opening day is approaching, and we still don't know where our children will go. The Department of Education and Training also reassured us that their rights will be guaranteed, but we don't know to what extent our children's rights will be guaranteed."
Mr. Nam received information that, according to the policy, Nam Tu Liem district strives to turn Tay Mo 3 Primary School into a high-quality school, so it needs to maintain the standard number of students according to regulations. "I think this is not reasonable. Because the school needs to ensure places for students in general, our children need places to study according to the enrollment zoning, then think about turning the school into a high-quality school," this father expressed.
Sharing the same frustration, tonight, Ms. Nguyen Thi Hanh took her 4-year-old son to school to wait for news about her eldest daughter's upcoming studies.
Ms. Hanh said that her child is in 2nd grade this year and is currently studying in Mieu Nha, more than 4km away from home, because Tay Mo 1 Primary School is overloaded. Currently, Tay Mo 3 Primary School has been completed, so students who are in the right school zone and live near the school like her child must be transferred there.
“My husband has been at school all day, this evening I came home from work and quickly ate a sandwich, then took my little daughter to school to "take over" my husband's shift to eat and shower. Not only me, hundreds of other parents are also upset, hoping for a satisfactory answer. The school is currently meeting to come up with a solution and we are ready to wait to hear a transparent and fair answer,” the female parent said.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Hang, Principal of Tay Mo 3 Primary School, met with parents to exchange information.
According to Ms. Hang, on the morning of August 21, the school distributed application forms to parents under the direction of the Department of Education and Training. Currently, the school is collecting applications to send to the Department of Education and Training and awaiting instructions.
“We are waiting for instructions from higher authorities. Once we have instructions, we will inform parents as soon as possible,” said Ms. Hang.
Up to now, representatives of the Department of Education and Training of Nam Tu Liem district, the People's Committee of Tay Mo ward and representatives of the Department of Education and Training are still meeting to come up with a reasonable plan.
Previously, as VietNamNet reported, on the morning of August 21, hundreds of parents in Nam Tu Liem district came to the gate of Tay Mo 3 Primary School with the desire to question the school about not accepting children with permanent residence in Tay Mo (houses next to the school) even though they had asked the parents to submit a request to transfer to this school.
Currently, these students are “studying” at Ly Nam De Primary School (located in Mieu Nha, Nam Tu Liem), 4-5km away from home, making it inconvenient to travel. However, at the last minute, the school announced that it had run out of places, making parents angry.
Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Phu (Tay Mo ward) said: “My building is opposite the gate of Tay Mo 3 Primary School, but according to the announcement, my 3rd grade child still has to study at Ly Nam De Primary School. The school only accepts students from Tay Mo 1 Primary School, especially all 1st grade students are transferred. I request the school to clearly answer about the specific zoning? Why did they ask us to fill out an application to transfer our child's study wishes and then reply that there were no more quotas?”
Source: https://vietnamnet.vn/phu-huynh-an-banh-mi-quyet-truc-xuyen-dem-cho-cau-tra-loi-cua-truong-tay-mo-3-2314277.html
Comment (0)