Vladimir Rogov, an official of the Russian-appointed government of the Zaporizhzhia region in southern Ukraine, said on June 5 that Ukrainian forces were attempting to launch a major offensive against Russian troops for the second consecutive day, according to RT.
Earlier the same day, the Russian Defense Ministry announced that a "large-scale attack" on June 4 by Ukrainian soldiers in the Donbass region of eastern Ukraine had been repelled, causing Kyiv to lose about 250 people, 16 tanks, 3 infantry vehicles and 21 armored vehicles.
Quick view: What hot developments happened in the Russian military campaign in Ukraine on day 466?
Mr. Rogov also said that the new attack began near the village of Vremevka in the Donetsk region of Donbass early on the morning of June 5. He assessed that the new attack was better organized and involved more Ukrainian soldiers than the attack on June 4.
Ukrainian soldiers fire a Caesar self-propelled gun at Russian soldiers in Donetsk province
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian military said today that they had no information about such a major attack. "We have no such information and we do not comment on any kind of falsification," Reuters quoted a spokesman for the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The Ukrainian Defense Ministry released a video early on June 5 saying that the start of the counterattack would not be announced. Earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky revealed on June 3 that Kyiv was ready to start a new counterattack.
Russia says it repelled a major Ukrainian offensive, causing heavy damage
See also : What will happen after Ukraine's next counterattack?
Russian territory attacked again?
Vladimir Zhdanov, an official in Russia's Belgorod province, which borders Ukraine, said on June 5 that the Ukrainian army fired 70 rockets from the Grad multiple launch rocket system into the Shebekino district of the province, according to TASS.
Earlier, Belgorod region governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said that one civilian was injured and one of the energy facilities was damaged by Ukrainian artillery fire on the night of June 5.
According to Mr. Gladkov, there was fighting in the town of Novaya Tavolzhanka in Belgorod province with a group he called "Ukrainian saboteurs".
Meanwhile, the Russian Defense Ministry said today that Russian forces repelled Ukrainian attempts to cross into Belgorod province on June 4 and that "more than 10" Ukrainian fighters were killed in airstrikes and artillery fire, according to the RIA news agency.
A pro-Ukrainian group said on June 4 that it had captured several soldiers during a cross-border raid in Belgorod province and would hand them over to the Kyiv government, according to Reuters.
US asked to buy TNT explosives from Japan to produce artillery shells for Ukraine?
See more : War Day 465: Russian territory faces new attack?
Russia increases attacks on Ukraine with UAVs?
The British Ministry of Defense said on June 5 that Russia may have increased drone attacks on Ukraine to deplete Ukraine's air defense missile arsenal, according to The Kyiv Independent .
In May, Russia launched more than 300 Iranian-made Shahed UAVs at Ukraine, with a significant number targeting the capital Kyiv. The figures represent Russia’s most powerful use of UAVs to date, but Ukraine was able to intercept “at least 90 percent of them” using “older and cheaper air defense weapons,” according to the UK Ministry of Defense.
It is possible that Russia is also trying to target Ukrainian troop positions beyond the front line but remains “very ineffective at hitting such targets at long range due to poor targeting procedures,” according to the UK Ministry of Defence.
There is currently no information about Russia's reaction to the above assessment of the British Ministry of Defense.
Russia's outdated tanks are still capable of causing damage in Ukraine
See more : Russia launches a trick, shooting down 10,000 Ukrainian UAVs every month?
Russia conducts military exercises in the Baltic Sea
The Russian military said on June 5 that it had begun holding naval exercises in the Baltic Sea until June 15, with the participation of about 3,500 servicemen, 40 ships and 25 aircraft, according to Reuters.
The exercise began a day after NATO member states began annual exercises in the Baltic Sea, involving 6,000 servicemen, 50 ships and more than 45 aircraft.
Also on June 5, the Russian Defense Ministry announced that the Russian Pacific Fleet had begun combat exercises in the Sea of Okhotsk and the waters between the Korean Peninsula and Japan until June 20, according to TASS news agency.
Why hasn't the Ukrainian counteroffensive begun yet?
See more : Russia's Pacific Fleet begins massive combat exercises
Source link
Comment (0)