On September 25, Binh Duong Department of Health held a meeting and directed zoning and disinfection when the first monkeypox case was discovered in Tan Binh commune (Bac Tan Uyen district, Binh Duong).
According to the leader of Binh Duong Department of Health, patient NKL (22 years old, temporarily residing in Tan Binh commune, Bac Tan Uyen district) had monkeypox test results on September 24 from the Pasteur Institute of Ho Chi Minh City.
The epidemiological investigation results of Binh Duong Department of Health determined that patient NKL had previously been in contact with a case in Dong Nai (temporarily residing in Ho Chi Minh City) who tested positive for monkeypox on September 23.
Immediately after receiving the test results, Binh Duong Department of Health isolated and disinfected the boarding house area in Tan Binh commune (Bac Tan Uyen district, Binh Duong) where the NKL patient lived.
Previously, patient LVT (residing in Xuan Truong commune, Xuan Loc district, Dong Nai, temporarily residing in Ho Chi Minh City) had symptoms of fever, sweating, genital rash... so he went to Ho Chi Minh City Dermatology Hospital for examination.
Test results from the Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City confirmed that Mr. T. had monkeypox. Through epidemiological investigation, Mr. T. had been in contact with Ms. L. in Binh Duong since September 17.
Speaking with Thanh Nien reporters, the leader of Binh Duong Department of Health said that they are continuing to isolate, disinfect, and conduct epidemiological investigations in the areas surrounding where the patient was discovered.
The leader of Binh Duong Department of Health also said that it is not yet determined which patient in Dong Nai or Binh Duong had monkeypox before.
Source link
Comment (0)