A Russian military court sentenced a Ukrainian man to 18 years in prison on November 23 for plotting to bomb several buildings in the Russian-controlled Ukrainian city of Melitopol, Russian state media reported.
Russia's security service said Golubev was recruited by the Ukrainian secret service. |
A military court in the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don has found Dmitri Golubev guilty of multiple charges related to an explosion and two attempted bomb attacks in Melitopol last August.
Prosecutors said Golubev planted an explosive device at the entrance to the regional traffic police headquarters, which then exploded and damaged the building.
Russian officials said Golubev was recruited by the Ukrainian secret service, which trained Golubev in how to build and detonate explosive devices and provided him with materials.
According to Russia's Kommersant newspaper, during the trial, Golubev admitted to placing explosives but denied the bombing last August.
Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) confirmed it had foiled two other planned bombings - one targeting a government building in Melitopol and another planted along a route frequented by Russian officials.
So far, there have been no reports of casualties in any of the above incidents.
Russia said Golubev was recruited by the Ukrainian secret service, which trained him in how to build and detonate explosive devices and provided him with materials.
According to Russia's Kommersant newspaper, Golubev admitted to planting the explosives during the trial but denied the charges of "international terrorism". "I am Ukrainian, I am defending Ukraine," the newspaper quoted him as saying in court.
Source
Comment (0)