The news that Princess Kate has cancer has shocked the British and world media. Princess Kate's cancer was discovered after abdominal surgery in January this year. The news of her illness comes after months of media and public speculation about the 42-year-old princess's health.
In a video shared with the public on March 22, the Princess of Wales said she had cancer but did not reveal the exact type of cancer and was in the early stages of chemotherapy. The princess expressed her desire for "time, space and privacy" as she completed her treatment.
Kate Middleton - Princess of Wales confirmed that she has cancer in a personal video sent to fans (photo cut from video).
The Duchess said it was a "huge shock" but she was "getting stronger and healthier every day". Kate thanked those who had sent her well wishes, saying their support had been a huge help during what had been "an incredibly difficult few months" for her family.
"In January, I had a serious abdominal operation in London. It was determined that I had no cancer. The surgery was successful. However, post-operative tests showed that I had cancer. My medical team therefore advised me to undergo a course of chemoprevention and I am in the early stages of that treatment," Kate said.
The 42-year-old princess said she and Prince William had "done everything we could to keep this private for the good of our family". "As you can imagine, this has taken a long time. It took me time to recover from surgery and then start treatment. But most importantly, it took time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis clearly and to reassure them that I would be fine.
Video Kate confirms she has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.
Having William by my side has been a great source of comfort and reassurance. So has the love, support and kindness of so many people. It has meant a lot to both of us. We hope that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.
My job has always brought me a real sense of joy and I look forward to returning to it when I can. But for now, I have to focus on making a full recovery. My thoughts are also with everyone whose lives have been affected by cancer. To everyone who is dealing with this disease, in any form, please don't lose faith or hope. You are not alone," Kate shared.
News of Kate's health comes shortly after her father-in-law, King Charles, announced in February that he was being treated for an unspecified form of cancer that was discovered while undergoing treatment for an enlarged prostate.
In a statement on Friday, King Charles said he was "very proud of Catherine for her courage" and said he had remained "in close contact with my beloved daughter-in-law over the past weeks".
The Princess of Wales last appeared in public on December 25, 2023, when she attended Christmas with the Royal Family at Sandringham. On January 17, Kensington Palace announced that she had undergone "planned" abdominal surgery the day before. Kate spent 13 days in hospital at the London Clinic before returning home to Adelaide Cottage, Windsor to continue her recovery.
Source
Comment (0)