Four suspects involved in the March 22 attack on the Crocus City Hall theater in the Moscow region of Russia appeared in court on March 24 and were detained pending trial.
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Tajik President Emomali Rahmon
According to RT, all of these individuals were citizens of Tajikistan. "Terrorists have no nationality, no homeland, and no religion," Tajik President Emomali Rahmon told Russian President Vladimir Putin in a phone call following the attack, AFP reported, citing a March 24 statement from the Tajik presidential office. Rahmon was previously believed to have made similar statements regarding extremists.
According to the Kremlin, during the phone call, the two leaders agreed to intensify their joint efforts to combat terrorism.
Four suspects in the bloody terrorist attack in Russia go to trial.
Earlier on March 23, the Tajik Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that reports of its citizens being involved in the attack were "fake." The Tajik Ministry of Interior also said that two of the suspected individuals initially reported by Russian media were actually in Tajikistan at the time of the attack.
The self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack and posted several videos online, but Russian authorities have not publicly confirmed IS's claim. According to Russian investigators, 137 people were killed in the attack. The Moscow regional health agency reported 182 injured.
Four suspects in the Moscow attacks appeared in court on March 24.
Russia has arrested a total of 11 people in connection with the case, including four suspected attackers: Dalerdzhon Mirzoyev, Saidakrami Rachabalizodu, Shamsidin Fariduni, and Muhammadsobir Fayzov.
ISIS is believed to operate in Tajikistan, a Central Asian country bordering Afghanistan. The Guardian , citing Western and other intelligence agencies, reported that ISIS conducted a massive recruitment drive last year, targeting fighters from Central Asian countries like Tajikistan, particularly experienced members of terrorist groups.
Iranian officials say the main suspect in the January bombing in Kerman that killed nearly 100 people was a Tajik national.
Source link







Comment (0)